Sunday, March 15, 2015

skydiving

the bones inside my body are the crackling of wood sitting inside a fire, and you lit the match.
my brain makes a hurricane out of my mind and the only rescue team i get it is you. 
my heart went on that ride, the one where it drops, and you are the one that pressed the 'drop now' button. 
my eyes follow you like a lost tourist with a map, in a foreign city.

but I'm fearful that my parachute won't open.
and you'll say you just wanted to go bun-jee jumping instead.


mom always said " the opposite of faith is fear"

so i'm fearful you'll find my blog and like hers better

i'm fearful you won't be the one reading that letter i wrote a few weeks ago

i'm fearful i won't grow up to be like cinderella and i won't "have courage and be kind" 

i'm fearful of talking to you because your down looking eyes are the reason i'm so quite 

i'm fearful you won't help me spend that sixty dollars that can't seem to disappear 

i'm fearful that i'm more of a tourist than a local 

i'm fearful that these fears will only get worse as i grow older 









3 comments:

  1. Your opening line was so so good. I'm in blog love with you if that's allowed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I'm fearfull you'll find my blog and like hers better" I love this line. And the whole opening line about the fire.
    You're such a good writer, this is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was so good.

    but that hurricane line was my favorite.

    ReplyDelete