Sunday, March 8, 2015

Georgia On My Mind

i guess life is knowing the difference between alto and soprano, because i still have to ask which is which. 
and life is getting to things fifteen or twenty minutes early because getting there right on time stresses me out.
its also about eating to much on sundays out of boredom and regretting it on monday. 


its the trust that came when he showed me that one playlist, and now Georgia's On My Mind. 


its coming into the school at 6 am and feeling that blast of warm air that makes you feel safe for a second.  
its sitting in your kitchen at 11 writing this post because you haven't been able to come up with something you like.
its going along with what everyone else is doing because you don't know if you should go along with it or go away from it. 


its hanging out with those old friends, wishing for sophomore year and a more talkative self.
its staying home on friday night because your parents seem cooler than the indoor rock climbing place they all went too. 
its the instagram picture you wish you hadn't posted but keep because if you took it down it would hurt their feelings.
its watching your grandma cry because she is scared of death... life is being scared of death, and taking that fall, and texting him first, because what if? 

what if i don't get into that college?

what if he doesn't text back?
 
what if i fail?

what if i look stupid?

what if life takes over and all your what ifs become irrelevant.

but what if they don't?
 
what if they become your reality?



but i guess thats life. 

2 comments:

  1. its hanging out with those old friends, wishing for sophomore year and a more talkative self.
    its staying home on friday night because your parents seem cooler than the indoor rock climbing place they all went too.
    its the instagram picture you wish you hadn't posted but keep because if you took it down it would hurt their feelings.

    That whole paragraph and post summarized my feelings for the last 37 days towards life and what it is and I didn't even realize that's what I was feeling til I read this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could tell you how wonderful it is that this post just came into my life because wow it's so relatable and I just really needed it.

    ReplyDelete