Sunday, April 26, 2015

Never Mind.

 i never know what to say when the door knocks and i have to answer it. but you made it easy because you talked first and then it was normal. my hands shook with nervousness and anticipation.  your sister has the whole thing on video. you wore those socks i gave you and i was happy you liked them because i debated for hours if/ how i was going to give them to you. but that picture we got i guess made it worth the praying words i said before knocking on your door. 


 playlist one came up and you denied it and i felt stupid for asking about it, until they mentioned it on the bus and i elbowed you but you pretended you didn't notice.  just like i pretended i didn't notice the way you kept your hand on the small of my back after the song ended. 


i thought i was done with that feeling i got until she kept coming closer, trying to get your attention. i think she hates me. when they said get with a partner and you didn't move i pretended i didn't care to join and sat next to you. watching as they spun with laughter. they announced we all had to get up and thats when you grabbed my hand. we pulled up around three and we both wondered if your sister was at my house.  you said good night and walked away when they said come back. you talked more in that ten minutes then on the way home. i wondered how i could get you talking like this again. my heart felt stupid for the things you said and i pretended not to hear, but i know you know my name because the first song that played was Georgia On My Mind. 

2 comments:

  1. "i thought i was done with that feeling i got until she kept coming closer, trying to get your attention. i think she hates me." totally can relate. loved this whole post. it was super real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. k wow I really liked this because it made me feel the same feelings and think of a girl. I really like how you focused on the small things. because that's what love is. thanks

    ReplyDelete